The Township of Centre Wellington has lots of trailways to spend an afternoon walking, running or cycling on. It's a great way to travel and see the picturesque countryside.
Here are a few to choose from:
- The Trestle Bridge Trail will be under construction this year for improvements
- Centre Wellington Community Sportsplex Trail: An old farm hardwood bush trail also used as a campground
- Elora Cataract Trail: Located along the former Credit Valley Railway line, this totals 47 km touching historic trail links parks, watersheds and communities along its route. From Fergus the trail runs along the top of Shand Dam to beautiful Belwood Lake Conservation area. The Elora-Fergus loop of this trailway offers a relaxed and varied 9k hike or bike through open farmland and picturesque pathways with spectacular views of the Grand River. This trail also links both towns to the majestic Wellington County Museum and Archives
- Elora's Upper Gorge Trailway system offers visitors a self-guided historic tour of the gorge. Follow it through tree-lined streets and along cliff-tops. Discover spectacular views, hidden beaches and historic ruins all within a stone's throw of the village.
- The historic Elora Cataract Trailway zig-zags its way across the north end of Fergus. Download this Discover Downtown Fergus guide to explore the charm and majesty of picturesque downtown Fergus. Shop, dine, explore and rest, then hop back on the trail and continue on your journey.
Building on the success of the Elora Cataract Trail, the Township has created a Trails Master Plan which explores the trails and open spaces in the township and their uses.