Centre Wellington has recently completed an Economic Development Strategic Plan to stimulate and guide economic growth for the community by providing a vision and focus for Centre Wellington's economic development efforts.
Five key principles form the basis of this plan:
- Manage and channel growth that will inevitably come to Centre Wellington, in order to ensure that it is both appropriate and sustainable.
- Provide the necessary infrastructure and related environment to provide for the needs of growth and investment.
- Focus on the retention and expansion of the existing base of industry, identifying and meeting the needs of existing businesses and exemplifying a proactive and anticipatory attitude towards business investment and development.
4. Build on key clusters in the local and regional economy where Centre Wellington has a strong competitive or comparative; advantage.
5. Economic Development in Centre Wellington will be pursued within the context of a healthy community overall, and following the principles of Smart Growth.
This means that resources devoted to economic development will be allocated in balance with those allocated to social development, environmental improvement, recreational opportunities, health care, youth programs, etc.
Elora Fergus Tourism
Savour Elora Fergus
Centre Wellington Business Directory
Deb Dalziel, Interim Manager of Economic Development Department
Work: 519-846-0971 Cell: 519-820-3493