The Township of Centre Wellington is home to many long-standing business success stories. Successful economic development is important for community growth and expansion.
Our economic development team is focused on these priorities:
- Encouraging business retention and expansion
- Facilitating external business attraction
- Facilitating commercial and industrial development projects and investment
- Managing the community's employment lands
- Marketing/collaboration with key stakeholders
- Providing economic and community information
- Promoting our innovative and thriving economy
In 2013 and 2015, the Township of Centre Wellington participated in County wide Business Retention and Expansion Programs to better understand our local businesses and how we can support their growth and longevity.
Mon. March 13, 2017
Ontario is partnering with Polycorp Ltd. to support a multi-million dollar expansion at its Elora manufacturing facility to support future growth and increase its international presence.
Ontario is investing up to $2.5 million through the Jobs and Prosperity Fund for this project, supporting an additional investment of more than $14.5 million from Polycorp, for a total project value of $17 million. The project is expected to be completed in 2022.