The Centre Wellington Fire & Rescue Department recruits new volunteer on-call firefighters on an as-needed basis.
If you are interested in becoming a volunteer on-call firefighter, consider the following:
- Physically fit and able to work under strenuous conditions
- Able to attend regular training on week nights and some weekends
- Able to obtain a DZ class license
- Able to respond during day time and/or night time emergencies with no prior notice
- Able to obtain the skills to control fires, assist in medical emergencies, and extricate patients safely
Live within 3 km from the Elora or Fergus Fire Stations
Want to increase your income (Firefighters receive an hourly rate and benefits)
Want to learn valuable Life Skills
Enjoy helping others in their time of need
For further information on our recruitment program, please contact the Fire Administration Office.