The Fergus Grand Theatre has 252 comfortable permanent seats arranged in auditorium-style seating facing a raised stage. The building is equipped with modern heating and air conditioning systems, as well as theatrical lighting, sound and audio-visual capabilities.
Rental costs vary from booking to booking and are dependent upon the hours used (daytime, evening, or full day), the nature of the activity (rehearsal or performance), and the legal status of the client (individual, business, or non-profit organization). Rental rates are set by the Township of Centre Wellington and are adjusted annually.
Here is some additional information for theatre rentals:
- All bookings require a $150 deposit to confirm the rental. This money is deducted from the total rental cost in the final settlement.
- The digital projector and/or projection screen, if used, are subject to an additional fee.
- All ticketed events must be run through our
TixHub ticketing system, and are subject to a $2.70 per printed ticket handling fee. This fee (and HST, if applicable) must be included in your advertised ticket prices.
- All non-ticketed events with public admission are subject to a Non-ticketed Public Event Fee for Front-of-House services, in lieu of the handling fee.
- All events require proof of $2 million liability insurance for all events, with the Township/Theatre listed as co-insured. For clients that do not have their own insurance the theatre offers coverage through a third-party insurance provider for an additional fee.
- The FGT Child Supervisor Policy applies to events with participants 16 years of age and under
SOCAN fees may apply to your event. If you do not have your own SOCAN account number, the theatre will deduct SOCAN fees from your final settlement and will remit them on your behalf.
- The securing and payment of all other permissions, licenses, royalties, etc., is the sole responsibility of the renter
- Renters are solely responsible for vigorously promoting their own events. The theatre offers in-house and website display space, municipal signage space, and inclusion in the Centre Wellington Leisure Guide (subject to print deadlines) as well as a walk-in, phone-in, and online box office, but has no mandate or budget to advertise events on its clients' behalf.
- All technical work in the building must be completed by or under the supervision/training of, an approved FGT technician. The technician works independent of the theatre and negotiates with each individual renter directly. Please see our Technical Information Package for more details.
The Fergus Grand Theatre encourages individuals, businesses, and organizations to rent the theatre. We are pleased to engage with, collaborate with, and otherwise support our clients in any way that we can, to help stage a successful event. We've even prepared a handy Marketing Best Practices Guide, combining industry standards with local tips and tricks to help clients promote their shows, as well as a Copy and Graphic Standards Guide.
You can also find our listings on Paul's Halls, and Vistek.
Contact us to enquire about available dates, and try our new Rental Quote Calculator to estimate the revenue and expenses for your event.