The Community Services department of the Township of Centre Wellington, works to improve the quality of life for residents and visitors, creating a community where we can be proud to live, work and play.
This department is comprised of the following:
- Centre Wellington Fire & Rescue
- Elora Fergus Tourism
- Fergus Grand Theatre
- Parks & Recreation facilities
- Victoria Park Seniors' Centre
We provide a wide range of programs and services out of our facilities.
Enjoy the healthy, active living opportunities at our arenas, ball diamonds and sports fields, pool and splash pads, senior centre, theatre, skatepark, tennis courts, camping and more.
We also offer a variety of parks and outside spaces, trails, and indoor facilities at the Belwood Hall, Centre Wellington Community Sportsplex, and the Elora Community Centre.
Visit the historic town of Fergus, village of Elora and the community of Belwood. Explore the quaint shops, hike the Elora Gorge, and stroll along the Grand River. There is so much to see and do!
We ensure the safety of our residents by delivering education, inspection, community relations and emergency response to our community.
Township staff, with Council's approval have retained Stempski Kelly Associates Inc. (SKA) to facilitate the public process to identify Elora Site Options for a future Centre Wellington skatepark. The first public open house took place on August, 24 where location options were presented to the public. These options include:
- Elora Lions Park (located at the southwest corner of the David St. and Wellington Road 7 intersection).
- Elora and District Community Centre (located south of David St. and east of Wellington Road 7).
- Bissell Park (located between Mill St. and the Grand River).
- South Ridge Park (located east of the intersection of Bridge and Stafford Streets).
If you were unable to attend the public meeting, please take the opportunity to view the presentation
that took place. It clearly outlines the process this project will take and specific information about each site selection option.