Elora & Fergus Tourism aims at playing an active role in supporting the local economy and contributing to making Centre Wellington a welcoming and lively place to live and visit.
Festivals and Events are responsible for attracting thousands of visitors a year to Centre Wellington, generating positive impacts on the local economy as well as contributing to building close-knit and animated communities.
The Tourism Marketing Fund is created in 2023 as a pilot program, aiming at supporting Centre Wellington’s Festivals and Events in implementing marketing and promotion initiatives that are able to attract visitors from 40 km+.
Applicants must be visitor-friendly organizations, located in Centre Wellington.
Eligible organizations include:
- Festivals and Events
- Not-for-profit community organizations
- Business Associations
Eligible projects can request funding to a maximum of $500 to help support their event marketing initiatives.
Expenses are to be incurred between January 1, 2023 – December 31, 2023. Applicants must show proof of expenses incurred (qualified third-party invoices) and these should be documented in the Tourism Marketing Fund - Report.
Examples of eligible projects include:
- marketing collateral (design and/or production of postcards, flyers, posters, etc.)
- content production (video, photography, text, etc.)
- paid advertising (either printed, for audiovisual or digital media)
Ineligible requests include:
- Capital/Infrastructure expenses
- Regular operational expenses
- Charitable contributions
Application Process and Deadlines
Applicants are strongly encouraged to discuss their initiative, questions, and eligibility before applying, using the contact information provided.
The application must be completed in its entirety. Applicants must keep in mind that failure to provide any requested information could affect their project’s approval.
Applications must be submitted online, by clicking the application form link.
As a pilot program, in its first year of implementation, the Tourism Marketing Fund will review applications continually on a rolling basis and provide funding to successful applicants until funds for the program are exhausted.
All applicants will go through a process of screening and assessment against the eligibility criteria before approval.
Applicants can be notified to revise or clarify elements of their application, which will then be re-assessed.
Successful applicants will be notified within 15 business days after the application’s submission.
- Promotion initiatives must be designed for a specific festival or event, and not as part of the organization’s regular operations.
- Must clearly demonstrate the contribution to attract visitors to Centre Wellington from 40km+ locations.
- Events promoted are aligned with Elora & Fergus destination’s DNA: showcasing natural setting, heritage, and Arts & Culture.
- Promotion initiatives are part of a cohesive marketing plan.
- Initiatives are designed considering sustainable, eco-friendly practises.
Before proceeding to funding, Elora & Fergus Tourism will undertake due diligence on the lead organizations. The due diligence assesses if potential applicants meet minimum criteria for:
- Governance, risk management and internal controls
- Financial status, procurement and financial management
- Programmatic capability and readiness to deliver
The funding agreement will be signed by the lead organization and Elora & Fergus Tourism.
Successful applications’ funding will be issued after the signing of a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU)between Elora & Fergus Tourism and the successful applicant.
In case the organization fails to deliver any of the items stipulated in the MOU or fails to provide proof of incurred expenses, Elora & Fergus Tourism reserves the right to request the return of the funding amount in its entirety.
Organizations that receive funding are required to provide the Tourism Marketing Fund - Report to Elora & Fergus Tourism no later than 60 days from the completion of the project.
The Report form will be provided to successful applicants upon signature of the MOU.
The Tourism Marketing Fund at a Glance
- For expenses incurred between January 1, 2023, and December 31, 2023
- Maximum request of $500
- Applications reviewed on a rolling basis until funds are exhausted
- Applications submitted online through the application form
- Report to be submitted in the 60 days after the project's completion
Feel free to email or call if you require any clarification.
Elora & Fergus Tourism and Destination Development Coordinator