The following electronic documents are required for permit submission. All electronic documents and drawings must be in PDF format.
- Application form
- One set of drawings (see permit guides and below for drawing requirements)
- Site plan for entire property
- Schedule 1 - design information form
- Energy efficiency design summary (EEDS) form
- Sewage system design (if applicable)
- Schedule 2 - sewage system installer information form (if applicable)
- Any other forms that pertain to your project
The following drawings and information may be required to accompany application for permits:
- Site plan/Lot grading plan
- Foundation plan
- Floor plans/Framing plans
- Roof plans
- Building elevations
- Sections and details
- Truss layout drawings (if applicable)
- Pre-engineered floor joist layout drawings (if applicable)
All drawings must be fully dimensioned and drawn to scale. They must include all sizes and types of construction materials to be used and their respective locations, finishes to all walls, ceilings and floors, and all existing and proposed fire separations. Please refer to our permit guides for more information.
All submitted documents must be prepared by either the owner, or prepared and reviewed by a qualified designer, architect, professional engineer or a combination. Some drawings must be designed by a professional engineer when the design falls outside of the prescriptive requirements of the Building Code.
The Building Code requires qualified, registered designers, who review and take responsibility for design activities, to include the following information on documents submitted for permit:
- The name and building code identification number (BCIN) of the registered firm.
- A statement that the qualified person has reviewed and taken responsibility for the design activities.
- The name and BCIN of the qualified person.
- The signature of the qualified person.