Skip to main content Skip to footer


The Township of Centre Wellington's Zoning By-law establishes and regulates land use in the Township by implementing the policies of our Official Plan.

The Zoning By-law is available here without the maps for file size considerations.


Rezoning is typically required when a new or additional use is requested for a property and/or several lot regulations can't be complied with. A variance is required when the deviation from the zoning regulation can be considered minor in terms of extent and impacts. Completing a zoning application is the first step in this process.


The Committee of Adjustment handles applications for the following:

  • Minor variances from the provisions of a zoning by-law
  • Enlargement, extension or alteration of a legal non-conforming use of land, buildings or structures

Variance Application is the first step in this process. Prior to submitting an application please read the checklist. If you are an agent preparing the application form for a client, please include the owner's authorization form.


The Committee of Adjustment also handles applications for:


Committee of Adjustment hearings are held monthly and conducted in person in the Council Chamber, 1 MacDonald Square, Elora, Ontario. 

2024 Hearing Dates

Sign up to our Newsletter

Stay up to date on the city's activities, events, programs and operations by subscribing to our eNewsletters.

This website uses cookies to enhance usability and provide you with a more personal experience. By using this website, you agree to our use of cookies as explained in our Privacy Policy.