By-Law Enforcement


Information Coming Soon


Information Coming Soon


Noise complaints are enforced by the Wellington County O.P.P. Please call 1.888.310.1122 or 519.846.5930

Noise By-law Exemptions

An exemption to the Noise By-law may be applied for the the Township by submitting an application to Legislative Services, 1 MacDonald Square, Elora.

Property Standards & Maintenance

The Township of Centre Wellington's Property Standards By-law regulates the maintenance and occupancy of lands and buildings within the township.

These standards are put in place to protect the health and safety of occupants as well as the general public. Standards prescribed in these by-laws are intended to outline the reasonable maintenance and upkeep of yards, buildings and properties.

All property owners are required to repair and maintain their property according to these standards, including owners of rental residential properties, unless there is an agreement between the property owner and a lessee or occupant that assigns maintenance and repair responsibility to the lessee or occupant.

These standards are not intended to reflect those set out in newly constructed buildings. However, the Township does recognize the importance of maintaining existing buildings.

Contact Us