The Township of Centre Wellington recognizes our region’s great need for healthcare professionals to serve our growing community. In an effort to support Groves Memorial Community Hospital in attracting healthcare professionals to Centre Wellington, the Township has provided the use of a stone house on land purchased for our Operations Facility at 965 Gartshore Street, Fergus. The Farmhouse is in excellent condition and will be used to host medical students, residents, and physician locums – allowing medical providers to “dip their toes” in our community as a potential place to live and work.
Finding affordable and available accommodation for short-term healthcare professionals has been a challenge, but by using the Gartshore Farmhouse – we’ve eliminated that barrier. This initiative, however, could not have been made possible without the many, incredible members of our community, and we wanted to take a moment to thank the following individuals who made this recruitment effort possible:
- Pamela Stumpf (Refreshed and Refined Interiors) kindly volunteered her time to help transform the vacant farmhouse into a beautiful and comfortable place for healthcare professionals to stay.
- Subin and the Shades4U team recognized the importance of sleep, especially for healthcare workers, and, without hesitation, jumped at the opportunity to donate all the black-out shades throughout the farmhouse.
- The County of Wellington generously donated brand-new mattresses, mattress covers, box springs, duvets, sheet sets, pillows, and pillowcases – all necessities for getting a good night’s sleep.
- Pat and the Giant Tiger Team recognize that certain essentials can make one feel at home in a new community. Their thoughtful donation included many items to help stock the kitchen shelves, linen cupboards and closets including cleaning supplies.
- Deb Stanson (Fergus Habitat for Humanity ReStore) worked hard with her team to furnish the entire Farmhouse. Each donated piece ensures healthcare workers will have a comfortable stay while they serve our community.
We cannot thank our community enough for banding together to support healthcare recruitment efforts in Centre Wellington. We are excited to welcome our first round of healthcare professionals to our community and hope they feel at home here.