Outdoor skating rinks are currently closed due to weather conditions.
All Township outdoor rinks are made and maintained by volunteers in the community. Therefore, outdoor rinks are dependent on their schedule and time to make and maintain the ice. The Township provides equipment to the volunteers to assist, such as hoses, nozzles, and shovels.
We want to recognize and thank our many volunteers throughout the Township who have generously given their time to help build and maintain our outdoor skating rinks.
- Tye Diamond (corner of St. David St. S. and Albert St. E., Fergus)
There are several neighbourhood rinks in Township parks as well which are also maintained by volunteers.
If you are interested in volunteering to build or maintain an outdoor skating rink in one of our parks next season, please contact Matt Tucker at 519 846-9691 ext. 337
PLEASE STAY OFF STORMWATER FACILITIES. THEY'RE NOT SAFE FOR ANY USE.
- Stormwater ponds are designed to prevent flooding, erosion and improve the quality of water before it is gradually released back into the nearest stream or river.
- Please take caution around all bodies of water and remind children to not play in the area.
- Water may include road salt and other contaminants that affect ice quality.
- Stay off of any stormwater pond as they are not safe for use. The ponds may look safe, but it's what's below the surface that makes them different from regular ponds. As a result, water flow and water levels can fluctuate quickly without warning.